Devil WoW Forum
Welcome to Devil WoW....
Pls login with your account information
Devil WoW Forum
Welcome to Devil WoW....
Pls login with your account information
Devil WoW Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is forum for Devil WoW server

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ghost's Application

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ghost

Rep : 1

Ghost's Application Empty
PostSubject: Ghost's Application   Ghost's Application EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:40 pm

I did not see a pre-made form, so I have provided my resume.

[Name]:Yuh-Jong Liu
[Age]:20
[Male/Female]:Male
[Where do you live?]:Taipei, Taiwan

[What are your hobbies?]:WoW, Medicinal Studies (all asian ancestral medicines)

[What time-frame can you be online, and for how long? (Realm Time)]:All day every day My college does not start until next july. Even then, It is only 4 hours a day.

[Have you ever been a Game Master before? If so, what servers?]:Yes
- WoWTopia <Closed for 8 months for maintenance, and had no progress, so i quit>
- Cryptic WoW <Not in existance any longer>
- World of Dalaran <Was going in a direction that I was not liking, so I quit>
- BossWoW <Was run by a 12 year old... enough said>
- Calypso - WoW <Owner went to college, and cannot run it from there>
- Sun God WoW (hosted from Taiwan) Was my brother's, but he got married and quit playing wow.
- Murshac WoW <I don't actually know what happened to it... one day it was all just gone, like the domain was unregistered, the server wasnt up... maybe blizzard took it down>
- World of Demons <Was fired because I am asian -.->
- Warlords-WoW <Owner quit playing wow three days ago, and closed the server>
- Caustic WoW <Was my own server... but I cannot afford a domain monthly on a university budget.

[Why do you no longer work for that/those servers?]: <see details above>

[What does being a Game Master mean to you?]: Responsibility, Control, Self Control, Knowledge, maturity, and "with great power comes great responsibility"
~Spider Man's Uncle

[Do you have any knowledge of Game Master Commands?]:Yes, for example: (I will do a few from each type of command so i don't bore you.

.server reloadtable items
.server reloadtable trainers_spells

.char additem (ID) <--- but I won't be using that
.char removeitem (ID) <----- only used to remove donation token I believe

.gm on
.invisible

.r <--- if I am dead, /g .r

.paralyze
.cheat fly
.mod speed 0-250 <--- but 250 is dangerous... may crash the sever

.guild create _____
.guild join

.player
.ban IP _________ (use ip retrieved from .player)

[I expect my Game Masters to have good communication skills and show a level of professional attitude - are you comfortable with typing in full English?]:Although I am Asian, and live in a Chinese country, I was born in America from 1-8 years of age, and was my first language. Also, in Taiwanese schools, it is mandatory that we learn fluent English.

_
The following questions will be based around common sense and how competent you are at following certain rules. You should be able to comfortably answer each of these question if you have read and understood the Game Master rules.
_

[A player gives you some attitude, it’s nothing spectacular – but attitude none the less, how do you react?]:In almost all situations, ask the player to please stop. And give them a warning. However, if the action prolongs itself, then harsher punishments will be implemented. Personally, if I ask someone to cease a hurtful action then I would kick (.kick player ____) them first, and say "the next time is a ban"

[A player has seriously insulted you, how do you react?]: Inform them, that saying these things are very insulting, and ask to please stop. If such actions persist then I should notify the owner (or authority personnel) and have them removed.

[A player has seriously insulted another member of staff, what do you do?]: First, tell them what they said is seriously hurtful to he/she. Then notify the owner/authority personnel and have them removed. Personally, these actions that are deliberately harmful to one is intolerable.

[You have discovered a player who is either abusing a specifically annoying bug granting himself/herself significant advantages over other players, how do you confront that player and what do you say?]:In my opinion, causing an unfair advantage to oneself is intolerable. I see it as this: A bug is granting yourself an advantage, cheating is granting oneself an unfair advantage, hacking is granting oneself an unfair advantage... it is all the same. I would 24-Hour ban for bugging and notify authority personnel / owner. If the actions reoccur then permanent IP Ban would be implemented.

[A player, or group of players, are constantly pestering you for an item, spell or modification in some form to their character(s). What do you say?]: I would first inform them that it is against server rules to ask a GM for free items / gold. Also, asking a GM for free items is granting yourself an unfair advantage, much like bugging, cheating, and hacking. With that said, they would be removed from the server for 24 hours, no questions asked. (I would inform owner / authority personnel)

[As a GM, around players at the shops (For example) – can you think of two commands you should have active at all times?]: .invisible and .gm on

[Hack, cheat, moderation or character configuration tools are strictly not acceptable on this server. Strictly – not – acceptable. You have detected, caught or been alerted of a player using these types of tools – what do you do?]:Based on t he way stated in the question, I would think permanent IP ban. If other actions are instructed to me, then those would be implemented.

[Checking the /who list regularly is the most effective way of catching a Hack Tool user. 100 players are online, you see 1 player on his/her own in a zone – what do you do?]:To start, I would .appear to the suspected player to be assured taht they are cheating in some form or another. If one is cheating, as you stated earlier, it is not acceptable, so a permanent IP ban would be set. (.player .ban IP _____)

[Finally; All Commands executed in-game are time stamped, shown by account, character and I.P Address that they were executed from. You have accidentally activated the Fly cheat on another player, not realising when you typed the command, you had that player targeted. What do you do?]:First, target the player and remove the cheat privilege, then notify a GM or authority Personnel, to reform from punishments or conspiring with a player.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Ghost's Application   Ghost's Application EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 5:09 pm

Well haha, since your banned and all for being childish because there wasnt +34 ARP gems in the vendor, im thinking you might have some trouble getting GM. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/homesk8r
Danny

Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Ghost's Application   Ghost's Application EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 5:44 pm

i dont think you should get GM here since you were very immature
Back to top Go down
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Ghost's Application   Ghost's Application EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 3:05 pm

Chaos wrote:
Well haha, since your banned and all for being childish because there wasnt +34 ARP gems in the vendor, im thinking you might have some trouble getting GM. Razz

LAWL if you didnt get the idea of my acting up.... i don't want to be a GM here... lol stupid
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Ghost's Application   Ghost's Application EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:20 pm

Well then im just curious, why waste your time on posting this then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/homesk8r
swmXIII

PostSubject: Re: Ghost's Application   Ghost's Application EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:00 am

/del topic pls
Back to top Go down
ghost

PostSubject: Re: Ghost's Application   Ghost's Application EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:24 pm

Chaos wrote:
Well then im just curious, why waste your time on posting this then?

I mean I wanted to... then i logged on and saw the server...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost's Application   Ghost's Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghost's Application
Page 1 of 1